Sunday, October 11, 2009

i am salad obsessed....

I love making salads that are a huge mix of flavors and textures and nutrients. I try to use spinach to get my iron. Avocados are so versatile-I believe they can be added to any single salad you could ever dream up. I just recently thought to add sliced pear, though my usual fruit addition is either an apple or red grapes. Cheese is always good-especially goat, gorgonzola, shaved parm, or sharp cheddar chunks. And the pic on the right? My protein. Tempeh, which TJ's just started carrying, yay! This incredibly nutty, chunky meat substitute was sauteed in olive oil for maybe 5 minutes, and worked splendidly with my other ingredients. (My go-to dressings are either creamy cilantro from tj's, or my own mix of olive oil, balsamic, lemon juice, and s&p).

No comments:

Post a Comment