Tuesday, January 17, 2012

3 weeks from today!!

3 weeks from today is our daughter's due date. THREE WEEKS!! And that's give or take a few days. Meaning, in less than three weeks, or say, four max, I will be a mom. I will know what this baby looks like and she will know what it feels like to be kissed 10 million times a day. I can't believe it. I wish I had more energy to write more, and post more photos. I just ate a big dinner and am watching hgtv so my plan to do anything more creative with this post is out the door. But let me see if I can think of updates:
Doctor appt yesterday: short but sweet. Listened to the heartbeat. Perhaps next week she'll check my cervix(?) I told her I've had faint, sporadic cramping (feels like menstrual cramps) and she said that's a good sign. Based on how I looked in a recent photo, and how low I have to wear my pj pants, I have a feeling she's slowly starting to drop. Hooray! Call me crazy but I want her to come early. Not too early, but perhaps by 5 days or so. 
We took the hospital tour. Did I already write about that? I think I'll save that for another post. 
I'm really prepping at work, just because I can't guarantee that I'll be back the next day. My doctor signed off on my 'disability' note for HR, and then I'll submit the paperwork to the state once she's born. Greg put in his request for three weeks off. 
We have our list for the few things we still need post baby shower. Really, it's not much at all! We are so blessed. Tomorrow is the trip to Target to return just a couple duplicates, and get those last few things. 
I think I'm slowly feeling that angst, that everyone describes towards the end, of being ready to no longer be pregnant anymore. I don't feel cute or comfortable in anything in my wardrobe anymore. Getting up from sitting or laying down is not easy. I miss being able to be quick and light on my feet. And my legs continue to bother me all night long. Every hour or two I'm up walking around. And going pee. 
That said, my excitement for the near future is only growing. The nesting phase is kicking in and I can't wait to be home with my baby for 3 months, even if I don't have time for a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment