Thursday, February 2, 2012

maternity leave



My maternity leave has officially commenced. We decided that it's safer to wait things out at home. Not much sense in pushing three more work days out of me (meaning Thurs, Fri, and Sat; as Sun & Mon are already my days off & then Tues is the due date and hopefully by then she'll be here(!)). There's not much going on at work anyway, so I'm not missing anything and I had already prepped my work load so that it would be ready for my colleague to take over. The pain that I felt two nights ago is not something I want to experience while sitting at my desk. So, it's time for me to be a hermit crab. I will hopefully get plenty of things done (wash our linen, find a new home in the kitchen for all the baby stuff & formula, maybe even unzip our couch and wash the cushion covers). I'll then have peace of mind when we end up leaving for the hospital (oh! I still need to pack my hospital bag too) because of my 'control freak' issue, I need to feel more prepared. 
(images from the blog exPress-o, regarding a project titled MAMA: Motherhood Around the World)

No comments:

Post a Comment